Cesvi and Welthungerhilfe (WHH) are members of the European network Alliance2015. With Cesvi’s administrative support, WHH hin February 2019 started a 10 months project in the areas of Diffa and Gueskerou.
Goal of the project is to improve food security and nutrition status of vulnerable families of refugees, IDPs, returnees and hosting communities, through the enhancing of access to livelihoods sources and income of the target families in Diffa and Gueskérou.
Expected results of the project are:
- agriculture production of targeted families is increased and diversified;
- income of targeted families is increased.
The project is located in the municipalities of Diffa and Gueskérou, managed from the main office in Niamey with frequent missions to field areas.
The selection process will be managed by WHH.
Employment contract will be signed directly with WHH.
The International Livelihood Expert will be in charge to manage and coordinate the implementation of the project’s activities in the sector of Livelihood.
- provide technical support to project’s activities in the Livelihood sector
- provide training to project’s staff and beneficiaries on agriculture techniques for increase of productivity and rehabilitate agriculture lands
- be responsible for the daily project implementation, reporting and budget planning, guaranteeing project’s activities fulfil timely the scheduled objectives
- plan, manage and monitor the activities in line with project’s documents, Donor’s rules and sectorial guidelines
- develop and maintain track records of project’s outputs, supervise the activities, submit reports to the Funding Agency, to WHH and Cesvi HQ
- be responsible for the selection, training and skills development of the project’s staff (related to livelihood sector)
- ensure that project’s expenditures are in line with the financial plan
- provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within due times
- ensure, with other technical staff, the quality of the project’s activities through the creation, revision and adaptation of tools and methodologies.
- manage the relations with AICS (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency) office
- actively participate to Livelihoods Clusters and Working Groups
- provide support and technical inputs to project proposals’ writing (also for Cesvi, in support to Cesvi staff).
- Degree in Economy, Project Management, International Development, Agriculture or other relevant sectors
- Post degree specialization in Agriculture studies, natural resource management, rural
- development or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience in implementation of complex humanitarian projects in the sectors of food security and nutrition, water and sanitation, livelihoods
- Familiarity with food security/nutrition/livelihoods clusters and/or working groups
- Knowledge and experience in Cash Transfer programming
- Ability to work in conflict / disaster affected environments with NGOs
- Good written reporting skills
- Fair understanding of budget issues for humanitarian projects (i.e. administrative and financial planning)
- Strong leadership combined with good interpersonal skills: diplomacy and negotiation
- Proven staff management skills
- Recruiting, training and mentoring skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good organizational skills, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively in complex environments
- Highly flexible with the ability to set priorities and change programmes according to issues that may arise
- Willingness to travel to remote areas
- High proficiency of Italian – written and spoken. Please note that the project’s Donor operates in Italian. Therefore, it is of utmost importance for the candidate to be proficient in Italian. Candidates that do not fulfill such requirement will not be taken into account.
- Excellent knowledge of French and English written and spoken.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Previous working experience in Niger
- Previous experience in managing AICS-funded (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency) projects.
- Previous experience in managing a consortium
- Experience and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Proposal writing skills
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.