Cesvi opened a coordination office in Nairobi to supervise the projects in the country and to support the staff in Somalia at an institutional level.
In Somalia, in the regions of Hiraan, Galmudug, Banadir and Lower Shabelle, Cesvi is involved in resilience, food security and livelihoods, emergency response to the current drought crisis in both urban and rural settings.
In Beletweyne ( Hiraan), Cesvi is engaged in a multiyear programme aimed at building the resilience of local communities.
The Area Manager is responsible for the oversight of all Cesvi’s projects in Hiran Region, Somalia; this responsibility covers the operational/support functions (human resources, logistics, finance & administration, and staff safety) and direct programme activities including coordination, programme planning and overseeing the day-to-day operations of senior field staff. In fulfilling his/her responsibilities s/he will work with other senior managers and with the Head of Programme to ensure that the programmes are carried out in line with Cesvi’s policies and procedures.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee implementation of the different Cesvi’s projects in Hiran Region, Somalia, including overseeing day-to-day operations of senior field staff.
- Oversee programme expenditure and budgets, ensuring resources are optimally utilized and spending is in line with Cesvi financial procedures and Donor requirements. In coordination with the Country Administrator, s/he will manage the support costs shared among the projects by ensuring that the PMs respect their shares as per budget and Cost sharing table.
- Delegated by the Head of Mission s/he is responsible for all general issues linked to the local and expatriate staff management; s/he ensures the correct selection, contracting and management of the local staff, according to the organization’s procedures. S/he supervises monitors and contributes to the evaluation of the expatriate staff. In cooperation with the Project Managers, s/he evaluates the necessity to train the local and expatriate staff, and reports it to the Head of Mission.
- Undertake regular coordination meetings with field project staff, combined with a schedule of site visits, when and where possible, to ensure that the Area Manager is familiar with the programme activities.
- The Area Manager must be familiar with the donor contracts and proposals related to their programme site. They ought to be aware of the different activities and indicators contained in the proposals and monitor progress made towards achieving those targets.
- Liaise with other NGOs, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders for effective coordination, cooperation and communication for mutual understanding and acceptance of Cesvi’s mandate, activities and objectives, project progress and implementation.
- Being the responsible for the final decision related with security measures to be adopted in the routine and in case of emergencies, in coordination with the CD and with Cesvi Security Manager
- Brief the Head of Programs and the other Area Managers on programmes and situational context on a regular basis.
- Participate proactively and contribute in coordination forums, working group and cluster meetings in coordination with Head of Programs.
- Share information on Cesvi activities and intervention and promote good relations and collaboration with other actors working in the area
- Lead and manage assigned staff, contributing to their capacity building and career development.
- Advanced degree required in rural development, agriculture, economics, social development or other relevant fields
- Minimum 5 years overseas experience in the management and coordination of resilience programmes
- Previous experience in remote control management
- Previous experience of multi-sectoral response
- Knowledge of main donor rules and regulations (i.e. EU – USAID – OCHA …)
- Knowledge of programme expenditure and budget management
- Experience in report and proposal writing
- Ability to cope with stress; work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Sound IT skills, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of East Africa context, specifically of Somalia
- Prior working experience in Somalia and/or of complex emergency interventions
- Experience of working in Consortia
- HR management skill
- Security management
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/area-manager-somalia-2/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.