The work context of this role regard two missions: Libya and Tunisia.
Cesvi is operating in Libya since 2011 as the first Italian NGO to take action, in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, through humanitarian projects in Cyrenaica and Tripolitania. Nowadays Cesvi is one of leading NGOs in Libya, very active in the coordination of various sector working groups – in particular protection ones – with a diverse donors’ portfolio and serving all vulnerable target population. In detail, Cesvi has been implementing programs supporting mixed migrants, IDPs and vulnerable host communities through service provision. This include center-based and outreach protection activities (including child protection and GBV), warehouse management, non-food distributions, awareness-raising activities, psychosocial support, referrals to external services, cash assistance, non-formal education
- UNHCR: Protection and lifesaving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli – urban areas)
- UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli – Urban areas and IDP camps)
- EU Trust Fund: Strengthening protection and resilience of displaced populations (Misrata – 4 detention centres and urban areas)
- EU EIDHR: Enhancing Women’s Rights and Gender Equality in Libya (Misrata – urban areas)
- WFP: School-feeding intervention (Qatrum and Zwara).
Following the registration obtained in January 2019, Cesvi is now expanding its activities in Tunisia. New operations in the country are expected by the end of 2019.
The collaboration will start in June 2019.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with up to 75% of the time spent in Libya. When security conditions do not allow it, the work will be implemented remotely form Tunis, with regular short missions to Libya.
The Operations Manager Tunisia and Libya is coordinated by the head of mission. He/she will work in close collaboration with the Security Advisor, the Area Programme Managers and the Project Managers (both local and international) and he/she will directly manage 3 local staff.
He/She will be a member of the senior management team (SMT) composed by the Head of Mission, the Operations Manager, the Technical Unit Coordinator and the Area Program Managers.
In particular, the Operations Manager is in charge of:
- Proposing, harmonizing and maintaining standardized logistics procedures and policies across the missions, according to donor and Cesvi requirements
- Providing strategic and technical guidance throughout the procurement cycle, from prequalification exercise to procurement plans preparation and follow up, till vendor performance evaluation
- Advising, training and supporting both managers and employees on technical aspects such as: fleet management, purchases stock management, premises management, IT, equipment follow up, logistics policies and procedures.
- Planning and performing field audits to ensure consistency in process application and proper documentation and filing are maintained
- Developing and implementing service contract management related to logistics and security
- Implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures, information security and control structures.
- Serve as a point of contact for logistics-related questions during audits
- Verify that proper procedure for logistic operation and procurements are in place and correctly implemented
- Ensure a smooth communication, tools and information sharing with and between the Logistics team members and with the other departments’ members.
Security and access
- Reviewing, updating and ensuring implementation of the Security Management System. Monitor the respect and compliance of the same one.
- Leading country security coordination mechanism
- Reporting about any issues concerning the risks, protection and safety of staff, resources and operations
- Investigating and following up on security incidents where Cesvi staff or assets are involved
- Producing and disseminating security risk analysis that tracks incidents and trends within the mission
- Contributing to the formulation of the yearly budget for Safety & Security
- Conducting risk assessments of contracted and prospective offices and residences.
- Conducting field trips and risk assessments of prospective in a new area of intervention and/or transit
- When required, developing effective and smart relationships with local / central authorities
- Assisting in strengthening local level networks to gather information from the field, including from security officers of other humanitarian agencies and from non-traditional partners.
Programme support management
- Reviewing, updating and ensuring implementation of the Warehousing Management System in case of new project demands (i.e. including the delivery of goods in conflict areas)
- Contributing to the development of new project, providing support to the launch process of new projects, facilitating project review and evaluation processes with SMT with regards to its area of competence
- When required, supporting the implementation of emergency response such as distributions and post-distribution monitoring
- When required, providing support to field operations throughout Libya and Tunisia
- Degree in a relevant field: Logistics Operations, Supply Chain, International Development, International Relations, Political Science.
- Master’s degree or other professional degree desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of job experience relevant to the function, in a comparable environment with non-governmental organizations
- Broad knowledge of characteristics relevant to conflict-affected or post-conflict contexts
- Specific operational experience with refugee emergency and recovery programming
- Experience in functional and line management of both international and local staff, in a complex environment
- Ability for rapid analysis of very complex issues, strong decision-making, and translation of programmatic learning and priorities into operational strategies
- Ability to rapidly translate into operational arrangement programmatic needs in order to ensure smooth continuity of the operation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication and ease in managing a multi ethnic team
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building and adaptability
- Patience and understanding to work with national staff and to develop its capacity
- Prior experienc in delivering programmes according to tight deadlines
- Good oral and written English
- Good computer and IT skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability and willingness to work in difficult places and in changeable securit scenarios
- Prior experience in Libya
- Experience in field base management
- Experience in coordinating activities across locations, also remotely
- Knowledge of Arabic
- Knowledge of France
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.