Since 2011, Cesvi operates in Libya, being the first Italian NGO to act by providing humanitarian aid facing up to the emergency and to the needs arising from the conflict. Following the turmoil of mid 2014 the expatriate staff was temporarily evacuated, guaranteeing the management by remote that was lately settled in Tunisia. In 2018, following the improvement of security situation, the managerial staff re-launched its presence in the country with regular visits to Cesvi premises and ensuring monitoring of the ongoing activities.
Cesvi works in two geographical areas: Tripoli (with very likely expansion to Zwara) and Misrata.
Cesvi sector of interventions are: GBV, Child Protection, Education and Cash.
- UNHCR –> Donor: Protection and life saving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers; Target: Refugees
- UNICEF –> Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees?; Target: Refugee children Tawergha IDP children
- UNFPA –> Increasing the capacity of women, men, boys and girls to prevent and respond to gender-based violence.
- EUTF –> Strengthening protection and resilience of displaced populations; Target: Mix migrants
- EIDHR –> Enhancing Women’s Rights and Gender Equality in Libya; Target: Mix migrants, Host community.
Under the line management of the HoM, and the functional management of the Security Advisor, the Operation Manager is responsible for the overall operational support to the implementation of projects in Tripoli (with likely expansion to Zwara) and Misrata, in close coordination with the senior coordination team.
Tripoli= Log-Sec Manager, Warehouses Manager
Misrata= Head of Base
In particular, s/he will contribute to:
- Country Coordination and HQ relations
- Support and facilitate any technical and monitoring mission planned by the Country Desk Officer at Headquarters.
- Ensure efficient coordination among the different projects in different operational areas, allocating approriate resources to ensure efficient programme running
- Participate in the selection of both expatriate and local staff where appropriate, drafting of the contracts and ToRs.
- Ensure mid-term and annual supervised staff performance and ensure capacity building plan accordingly
- Encourage the participation of the national/expat staff to capacity building activities.
- Authorize vacations for the supervised local staff
- Mitigation of conflicts among staff
- Follow up the national staff contracts and benefits
- Review, update and monitor SOPs and procedures in coordination with the HoM, the Security Advisor and the Log Sec Manger.
- Investigate and follow up on security incidents where Cesvi staff or assets are involved
- Ensure staff is regularly updated with briefings and that all staffs adhere to policies and procedures
- Advise the HoM about disciplinary or dismissive action when security lapses occur, and make other necessary decisions based on his/her assessment of the security situation
- Take autonomous decisions about temporary suspension of activities, restrction of movement of national and expat staff and report to the HoM
- Coordinate with other agencies in order to gather relevant security and intel information and Consult with security agencies prior to missions
- Monitor the overall staff movements and the tracking systems and provide regular info to staff on safety of their movement, especially when moving to the field
- Conduct continuous security assessments and Risk Analysis
- Provide operational security briefings and new and visiting staff
- Production of regular update of Libya S&S security plans
- Contribute to the formulation of paragraphs related to safety and security, and conflict analysis, in new project proposals on the basis of his competences and in relevant paragraph of projects reports
- Contribute to the formulation of the yearly budget for Safety&Security
Logistics and operation (including Warehouses management)
- Ensure logistic department is operative.
- Ensure sufficient assets are available in order to carry on the country operations.
- Support the identification of strategic facilities such as offices, guesthouses in collaboration with logistics and security staff
- Supervise the preparation or Prepare invitation to bid, purchase requests and requests of quotation according to his/her authority
- Takes decisions on the structure of the logistic departments, dedicated resources and workforce according to the organizational needs
- Facilitate the logistic arrangements for new locations start up and deployment of personnel
- Supervise the fleet composition and ensure that appropriate resources are allocated in order to ensure the functioning of the operations
- Coordinate with the administrative and human resource department in Libya
- Supervise the overall logistic operation of the Organization in Libya
- Verify that proper procedure for administration, human resource and logistic operation are in place and correctly implemented both at central and local level in Libya
- Supervision of all procurements in the projects
- Conducting the project related purchases coordinating with the Project Managers
- Receiving and reviewing/clarifying requests and specifications from the Project Managers
- Identifying potential suppliers/vendors and collecting conditions of purchase and quotations
- Ensuring timely delivery of procured supplies and materials. Tracking procurement status, and payments and reporting regularly to the Project Managers
- Keep the office and stock inventory
- Keep the Guesthouses in safety and functioning
- Direct responsibility over the WHs manager and WHs staff.
- Solid experience in Operations Management / Support Services (over 5 years)
- Field experience and broad knowledge of characteristics relevant to conflict-affected or post- conflict contexts, and specific operational experience with refugee emergency and recovery programming
- Solid experience in logistic, especially in Warehouses and Fleet Management (3 years), logistics and procurement (5 years)
- Solid experience in security management (3 years) and techniques, including GPS tracking systems
- Experience of coordinating activities across locations, also remotely
- Knowledge of main UN and EU donor procedures and guidelines.
- Experience in functional and line management of both international and local staff in complex environment
- Knowledge of finance monitoring and follow up tools
- Ability for rapid analysis of very complex issues, strong decision-making, and translation of programmatic learning and priorities into operational strategies.
- Ability to rapidly translate into operational arrangement programmatic needs in order to ensure smooth continuity of the operation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication and ease in managing a multi ethnic team
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
- Patience and understanding to work with and develop capacity of national staff
- Experience delivering programmes to tight deadlines
- Good computer and IT skills and strong communication and writing skills
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and isolated location with ever changing security scenarios
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Prior experience in Libya an added advantage;
- Experience in administration,
- Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset
- Knowledge of France is an asset
To apply, please visit: https://www.cesvi.eu/jobs/13587/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.