Since 2011, Cesvi operates in Libya, being the first Italian NGO to act by providing humanitarian aid facing up to the emergency and to the needs arising from the conflict. Following the turmoil of mid 2014 the expatriate staff was temporarily evacuated, guaranteeing the management by remote that was lately settled in Tunisia. In 2018, following the improvement of security situation, the managerial staff resumed its presence in the country with regular visits to Cesvi premises and ensuring monitoring of the ongoing activities.
Cesvi works in two geographical areas: Tripoli (with very likely expansion to Zwara) and Misrata.
Cesvi sectors of intervention are: Protection (CP, GBV, PSS), Education and Cash.
- UNHCR: Protection and life saving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli – urban areas)
- UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli – Urban areas and IDP camps)
- UNFPA: Increasing the capacity of women, men, boys and girls to prevent and respond to gender-based violence (Tripoli- urban areas)
- EUTF: Strengthening protection and resilience of displaced populations (Misrata – 4 detention centres and urban areas)
- EIDHR: Enhancing Women’s Rights and Gender Equality in Libya (Misrata – urban areas)
The duty stations will be the Country Office in Tunis, Tripoli and Misrata. It is expected 50% of the working time spent in Libya if the security conditions allow it.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall sound management of UNHCR project in Tripoli in close coordination with the technical unit, the Area Administrator, the Operations Manager and under the supervision of the Programme Manager Tripoli.
S/he will responsible for:
- Overall Project management, achieving its objectives in the specified timeframe, optimizing the resources.
- Budget holder, planning forecast and resources consumption including procurements according to internal and donor rules
- Reporting internally and according to donor UNHCR requirements
- Maintaining daily relations with UNHCR project focal points
- Monitoring project technical staff and activities, in particular with regards to the CASH component of the project
- Contribute to developing new project proposals in the areas of specialization of Cesvi, in collaboration with the staff.
- Support the technical experts in rolling out and adopt tools, methodologies and standard procedures developed by the sectors
- Contribute to strengthening and promoting the image of Cesvi in the country.
- Proved experience in project management (at least 3 years), including proposal writing, budget management and donor reporting, in particular with UNHCR funded projects
- Relevant experience in CASH programming
- Knowledge of UNHCR procedures and regulations
- Operational experience with refugee emergency and recovery programming
- Experience of coordinating activities across locations, also remotely
- Capacity to meet high, evidence-based monitoring and evaluation standards
- HR staff management of nationa l staff in challenging environments
- Experience of capacity building and training, including preparation of materials and facilitation and roll out of a training plan with regards to CASH programming
- Knowledge of finance monitoring and follow up tools
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
- Patience and understanding to work with and develop capacity of national staff
- Experience delivering programmes to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in remote management
- Ability and willingness to work in locations with ever changing security scenarios
- Good computer and IT skills
- Strong communication and writing skills in English
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Prior experience in Libya;
- Broad knowledge of characteristics relevant to conflict-affected or post-conflict contexts;
- Experience working in security-sensitive environments and enforcement of team security protocols;
- Knowledge of Arabic.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/project-manager-unhcr-tunisia-libya/
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.