Since 2011, Cesvi operates in Libya, being the first Italian NGO to act by providing humanitarian aid facing up to the emergency and to the needs arising from the conflict. Following the turmoil of mid 2014 the expatriate staff was temporarily evacuated, guaranteeing the management by remote that was lately settled in Tunisia. In 2018, following the improvement of security situation, the managerial staff resumed its presence in the country with regular visits to Cesvi premises and ensuring monitoring of the ongoing activities.
Cesvi works in two geographical areas: Tripoli (with very likely expansion to Zwara) and Misrata.
Cesvi sectors of intervention are: Protection (CP, GBV, PSS), Education and Cash.
- UNHCR –> Donor: Protection and life saving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers; Target: Refugees
- UNICEF –> Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees?; Target: Refugee children Tawergha IDP children
- UNFPA –> Increasing the capacity of women, men, boys and girls to prevent and respond to gender-based violence.
- EUTF –> Strengthening protection and resilience of displaced populations; Target: Mix migrants
- EIDHR –> Enhancing Women’s Rights and Gender Equality in Libya; Target: Mix migrants, Host community.
The CP Specialist will work under the technical supervision of the Protection Coordinator and will support, in close collaboration with the Tripoli Programme Manager , the CP component of Cesvi interventions in Tripoli.
- S/He will provide technical assistance and guidance to field staff and quality oversight during implementation of the Child Protection Program, including prevention and response services,
- S/He will ensure that all activities are in line with international standards, global guiding principles and National SoPs;
- S/He will be responsible for the CP Supervisor in leading and monitoring the Case Management intervention, including the organization of CM weekly meeting, revision of high risk cases, revision and approval for case closure
- S/He will identify training needs and, in coordination with the Protection Advisor, and accordingly to create training modules material, provide training , follow up trainings and regular coach to the CP staff to the staff;
- S/He will conduct regular visits to monitor implementation of programmes and to provide technical guidance;
- S/He will consolidate quantitative and qualitative reports related to CP activities as per donors and Cesvi requirements;
- S/He will support the MEAL manager and the Protection advisor a lesson learn activity to identify needs and gaps in programming and proactively suggest new activities to enhance the protection activities
- S/He conduct a vulnerability assessment in order to provide recommendations to tackle the main problematics emerged during 2018.
- S/He will contribute to develop new proposals related to Child Protection sector.
- S/He will attend and represent Cesvi on different coordination forums, and lead the creation and reach out to external stakeholders to improve referral pathway and services mapping for CP.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or another appropriate field;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the humanitarian sector, preferably working with refugees or internally displaced populations; of which at least 2 years must be in the field of CP prevention and response projects;
- At least 3 years’ experience providing case management and psychosocial support, directly or in a supervisory role and at least 2 years’ experience supervising caseworkers
- In-depth understanding of CP prevention and response, related international standards, and guidelines;
- Proven experience in conducted training for both program staff and local organizations/authorities;
- Demonstrated capacity and experience in conducting field level assessments including developing tools, e.g. questionnaires, referrals template and modalities, focus group discussions and M&E, in liaison with M&E Manager.
- Fluency in English (written and oral);
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email/internet software.
- Strong diplomatic skills, and demonstrated experience in networking and building effective partnerships;
- Strategic thinking and innovation;
- Adapts and copes with pressure;
- Respectful and culturally sensitive;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work effectively with others within a multicultural team context.
To apply, please visit: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/child-protection-specialist-libya/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.