Cesvi Office is in Les Cayes to manage the projects in the South and Grand Anse Departments.
In Haiti, Cesvi is involved in multisector interventions covering emergency response, DRR, resilience, food security, livelihoods and sustainable growth, wash.
The collaboration will start as soon as possible.
The main duty station will be Les Cayes.
The Coordinator will ensure effective and smooth operations in line with Cesvi Country Strategy and Plan and HQ indications.
Procurements and Budget expenses
- To prepare procurement plans in line with approved work plan and to control the compliance of internal processes with procurement procedures of Cesvi.
- To control and approve the budget expenses in accordance with Cesvi and Donors directives, to ensure the requests of fund compliance with the approved budget and plans.
- To coordinate and monitor budget expenses, rate variation and point out over/under expenditure and coordinate with administration, logistics and management staff to correct them.
- To contribute to monthly or bi-monthly budget forecast, taking into account the annual budget forecasts of programs, and submit it on time.
- To ensure an adequate monitoring of the contractors, to supervise field works, to draft contracts and ensure the payment of providers involved in the execution.
- To monitor supplies stock and ensure the distribution and the delivery of supplies. To verify the delivery compliance with Cesvi and donors procedures.
Project, financing and report design
- Responsible for the reporting and communications to donors for coordination, representation upon request.
- To carry out evaluations upon request in order to collect data for the design of new project proposal or to improve the ongoing projects.
- To assist the technical team in drafting technical files for problem solving, analysis and documentation.
- To contribute to update the baseline of the project following Cesvi monitoring procedures.
Management of team
- To coordinate and ensure the direct supervision of the team, division and planning of responsibilities and tasks.
- To coordinate and periodically carry out revisions of the directly supervised staff and ensure a performance monitoring of the entire team.
- To make sure the recruited staff is sufficient and efficient through the update of the job description and an organisational structure developed in compliance with the organisational structure.
- To review regularly the staff performance and make recommendations.
- To identify the training needs of the staff and make recommendations on staff capacity improvement.
- Good planning of staff absences. To assure motivation and team work and promote the communication among the staff. To promote the adherence to the Code of conduct giving best practices.
Collaboration and Coordination
- To coordinate the planning and the implementation of the activities with other project managers, in order to create synergies and a holistic impact.
- To work in close collaboration with Cesvi staff on the implementation with crosscutting issues on general administration, logistics and security.
- To establish links and collaboration with the local administrations, local leaders and community representatives, other NGO and UN.
- To regularly give a feedback about the problems and critical issues to hierarchy.
- To contribute to the drafting of the Program Strategy for Haiti.
- Collaboration and Coordination
– To coordinate the planning and the implementation of the activities with other project managers, in order to create synergies and a holistic impact.
– To work in close collaboration with Cesvi staff on the implementation with crosscutting issues on general administration, logistics and security.
– To establish links and collaboration with the local administrations, local leaders and community representatives, other NGO and UN.
– To regularly give a feedback about the problems and critical issues to hierarchy.
– To contribute to the drafting of the Program Strategy for Haiti.
– To represent Cesvi, upon specific request, with Donors, partners (including Alliance2015), stakeholders, clusters and coordination body and fora, and any other appropriate networking within the country.
- University Degree in one of the following: Agronomy, Economics, International Studies or similar referring to International Development
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in managing projects or programmes including DRR and LRRD
- Highly confident with ECHO and DEVCO policies and guidelines
- Strong experience in assessments at household level, community mobilization, participatory planning.
- Excellent supervision skills of staff, experience working in a multicultural environment, and in relations with government and officials of public bodies
- Effective budget and procurement control.
- Ability to manage workload and stress and work in a challenging environment
- Fluency in written and spoken French
- Computer literacy
- Networking and advocacy skills
- Ability to work independently and have the vision to manage a project from the start-up phase
- Willingness to work in remote locations, in areas with harsh climatic conditions with very limited access to recreational opportunities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
To apply, please visit: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/coordinator-haiti/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.