Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of water, sanitation and environment through the implementation of projects in the field, establishing partnerships with relevant actors in the sector and thanks to an active participation in the WASH cluster. Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the Governorate of Tulkarem, Hebron, Jerusalem (Shufat Refugee Camp) and in UNRWA refugee camps in West Bank, in consortium with local partners
The overall objective of the Country Administrator, as part of the Mission in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, will be to monitor the administrative and financial aspects of the mission The Country Administrator will coordinate closely with the Project Manager, the Desk officer, the Head of Mission and with the Project Accountant at HQ level.
The collaboration will start in January / February 2018.
As Country Administrator s/he is in charge of the punctual financial management & control, accounting and financial reporting to Cesvi HQ, donors and other stakeholders and promote cost effectiveness in project activity implementation.
In particular, the Country Administrator under the supervision of the Head of Mission, in coordination with the Desk officer, and function supervision of the Project accountant in HQ will:
- Ensure proper and timely allocation of expenses and ensure the preparation and prompt submission of financial reports to HQ and donor
- Support the Local Administrators compiling the cash flow of the project (actual and prospective analysis), participating in the verification of balance and forecast expenditure; creating where possible synergies and elaboration of cost-sharing plan
- Support the preparation of purchases and procurement procedures in accordance with the guidelines of the donor and of Cesvi (as per procedures manual)
- Manage and update the share costs system and support PM in the preparation of budget for proposal
- Supervise the preparation of all field contracts and taxes
- Coordinate and contribute to the efficient management of offices
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration or related fields and/or postgraduate degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial and administrative management of cooperation and development projects, with 3 years in countries in post emergency context
- Demonstrable strong financial and budget management skills budgeting and financial management skills
- Accountancy skills
- Ability to prepare financial reports
- Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures such as UE and AICS
- Communication skills and proven team working skills to work closely with local, expatriate staff and partners
Ability to support, manage and develop national and expatriate staff;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Very flexible and with a positive attitude
- Cross cultural awareness, sensitivity, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure (instable environment, working to/meet deadlines)
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Programmes such as Word and Excel as well as accounting packages & other database competencies
- Knowledge of English – written and spoken
- Prior working experience in Middle East – Northern African countries and/or other complex areas
- Previous working experience in emergency contest;
- Knowledge of Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members
- Knowledge and experience of logistic management and procurement procedures
- Demonstrable attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Knowledge of Arabic
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/country-administrator-opt/
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.