Cesvi has been working in Haiti since 2009, implementing projects in the field of emergency, children’s rights, food security and watershed management in the South, North and West departments.
Currently actions are concentrated in two areas of Haiti: South and Grand Anse department.
Main offices are in Les Cayes and Port au Prince.
The country is currently in a situation of economic and political crisis.
Project Title: “Increasing food access of most vulnerable households in the Grand Anse Department during gap periods – Haiti”
Location: Haiti, Grand’Anse , Pestel, Beaumont and Corail
Actors: Cesvi Fondazione Onlus, one national implementing partner
The project will be implemented in Grand Anse Department (Pestel, Corail and Beaumont) selected as a highly food insecure zone. The Grand Anse department is prone to natural disasters and has suffered severe damages after hurricane Matthew.
It is estimated that a 100% of the population has been affected, and the catastrophe has long lasting effects.
The beneficiaries targeted by the project are highly food insecure households with a lack of positive coping strategies.
The project represents an immediate response to food needs of vulnerable families, not only during the gap period between the winter and spring agricultural season, but also before the identified hunger gap, in order to prevent the worsening of their vulnerability..
Definition and implementation of project activities:
- Monitoring of project activities and identification of necessary amendments, in accordance with the Head of Mission.
- Drafting of reports and submission of documentation to the donor (through the HQ) ensuring the achievement of the expected results foreseen in the project document for the related period
- Management of project donors’ relations, in coordination with the Head of Mission
- Coordination with the national implementing partner for the project activities
- Management of local partners’ relations
- Coordination with other Cesvi Project Managers to promote synergy of intervention
- Coordination with other stakeholders and local authorities
- Financial management, procurement procedures and purchases related to the assigned projects, in collaboration with the local administrator and under the supervision of the HQ accountants for the correct allocation of costs
- Ensuring the correct filling of project documentation
- Efficient management of the office, goods and means
- Contribute in the definition of internal procedures manual
- Coordination with HQ and Head of Mission for visibility activities related to the assigned projects
- University or postgraduate degree in economy, political sciences or any related fields
- Minimum 3 years’ project management experience in NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crisis and development contexts
- Prior experience in needs assessments and project management
- Prior experience in the management of Cash for Transfer intervention
- Prior experience in managing an ECHO-funded project
- Solid knowledge of NGO procedures and operations
- Knowledge of the humanitarian project cycle management
- Ability to produce timely project proposals and high quality narrative reports
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary planning and control
- Proven experience in personnel management and in capacity building of National/International staff
- Solid capacity in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners, and acting effectively as an integration team member
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Fluency in French and English
- High level of IT skills (Office package)
- Master in Project Management
- Knowledge of other humanitarian donors (UN Agencies, EU, DFID, etc.)
- Capacity in networking and build effective partnerships with local stakeholders
- Strategic thinking and innovation
Cesvi has a zero tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, representatives or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.cesvi.eu/jobs/project-manager-echo-haiti/
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.