Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of solid waste management, water and sanitation. Cesvi implemented various projects in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster and other coordination networks.
The implemented activities are mainly: construction of water treatment systems, pipelines and sanitation facilities, distribution of household water treatment and safe storage units, implementation of behavior change approaches to improve sanitation and hygiene in remote areas. Development or improvement of solid waste management systems – including strategies and plans – construction of facilities (e.g. transfer stations) and implementation of hygiene awareness campaigns.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the Governorates of Tulkarem and Hebron, in East Jerusalem, in Shufat Refugee Camp and Gaza, in consortium with local and international partners. The ongoing projects are funded by AICS (Italian Cooperation), EU, UNICEF and the World Bank
Total estimative yearly budget 1.5 ML
The collaboration will start in April 2019.
The main duty station will be Jerusalem with short missions to Tulkarem, Hebron and other cities in West Bank.
The Head of Program will work under the supervision of the HoM and she/he has to coordinate PMs and Meal officer.
Main tasks and duties:
- Ensure the Cesvi Country program portfolio is executed on time, on budget and delivers the expected outputs, outcomes and impact
- Constant supervision of project and program managers, to monitor rate of spending in each project and coordinating project managers in direct implementation, ensuring full procedural compliance
- Review of any variations / amendments for the extension or revision of the projects
- Supervise MEAL officer for atomization of data collection tools, database management and reporting
- Ensure strategic coherence and vision of the whole country program, based on active participation in the drafting of the country strategy, new proposals, amendments
- Active participation in the new donors acquisition: identification of new projects within cesvi’s sector, coordinate the entire process of drafting of proposals in collaboration with PMT
- Contribute to the drafting of the Country Strategy
- Ensure a strong and consistent Cesvi representation in Cluster, Working group and donors meeting
- University or postgraduate degree in human right law, social science, or development work or another relevant topic.
- Minimum 2/3 years’ experience program field management in an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), mix migrants
- Prior experience in Middle East countries
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role, within a complex country program in fragile state
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programs
- Familiarity with wash sector and or environment/climate change sector
- Solid diplomatic skills: the ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners.
- Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members
- Highly flexible and leadership skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control, review and evaluation.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to changing program and emergency priorities that may arise.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently.
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package) and ability to produce timely project proposals and high quality narrative reports
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Effective team membership integration ability
- Knowledge of Arabic
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/head-of-programme-opt/
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.