Cesvi is working in the Kurdish Region of Iraq since 2018, focusing on the sectors of Livelihoods and Social Cohesion.
Within this framework, a new AICS-funded (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency) project “GREEN HOPES 2: Heightening Opportunities to Promote Employment and Sustainability of vulnerable women affected by the crisis in Kurdistan Region” will start in September 2019 .
The project aims at improving the economic self-sufficiency of vulnerable refugees, displaced and host communities in the Erbil Governorate and neighbouring areas, with a specific focus on women.
Expected results of the project are:
- Increased income for target communities through kitchen gardening and Cash for Work activities;
- Support to the start-up of micro/small enterprises through provision of skills, tools and mentoring.
The main duty station will be Erbil with field missions to project’s areas in the Erbil Governorate.
The Project Manager will:
- be responsible for the daily project implementation, reporting and budget planning, guaranteeing project’s activities and reports fulfil timely the scheduled objectives;
- plan, manage and monitor the activities in line with project’s documents, Donor’s rules and sectorial guidelines;
- ensure a smooth communication flow with the HQ, in order to keep all the actors duly informed on the project’s development;
- ensure the proper application of Donor’ and Cesvi’s procedures;
- develop and maintain track records of project’s outputs, supervise the activities, submit reports to the Donor and Cesvi HQ;
- ensure the proper administrative-financial management of the project, ensuring that expenditures are in line with the financial plan;
- manage the relations with AICS (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency) office with reference to the project;
- manage the project local staff;
- organize and manage monitoring field visits by the donor and Cesvi HQ;
- ensure the visibility of the Organization and of the donor
S/He will also provide inputs for the development of project proposals to expand Cesvi’s presence in the area.
S/He will work in close coordination with Cesvi Expat staff in Erbil and Cesvi Desk Officer at the HQ.
- Degree in Project Management, International Development/Humanitarian sector and/or Economic development, or other relevant sectors;
- At least 5 years of experience on development/humanitarian projects funded by institutional donors;
- Previous experience of implementation of projects in the sector of Livelihoods/Vocational Trainings/Support to micro and small enterprises;
- Knowledge and experience of AICS (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency) and related procedures;
- Good Knowledge of Project Cycle Management;
- Good reporting skills,project’s indicators and objectives;
- Fair understanding of budget issues in humanitarian projects (i.e. administrative and financial planning);
High proficiency of Italian – written and spoken. Please note that the project’s Donor operates in Italian. Therefore, it is of utmost importance for the candidate to be proficient in Italian. Candidates that do not fulfill such requirement will not be taken into account.
Proficiency in English, written and spoken;
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Post degree specialization in international cooperation;
- Previous working experience in Iraq and/or in post-conflict situations;
- Previous experience in implementing humanitarian projects addressed to Refugees, IDPs and Returnees;
- Proposals writing skills.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.