Due to critical conditions of refugees, IDPs and local communities in KRI affected by the conflict, Cesvi decided to address the emergency and intervene rapidly with a response assessment.
Cesvi will start a 12-months project in the sectors of Education in Emergency and protection.
In this framework Cesvi is looking to expand its presence within the area, increasing its projects and donors’ portfolio, and is currently recruiting candidates to manage the development of donors’ relation and project proposals for enhance Cesvi emergency interventions in the Iraqi Kurdistan areas (KRI). Technical inputs for projects’ writing will be provided by the Education Coordinator, based in Erbil.
The Emergency & Program Development Officer will be in charge to manage and develop relations with Donors and partners (national and international), promote Cesvi’ strategy and brand; identify funding opportunities and write winning proposals or negotiate new projects.
- S/He will be in charge of coordinating all the writing process of a project including needs assessments, budget and field visits.
- S/He will work in close coordination with the Education International Coordinator in charge of the implementation of a project under education sector, the Emergency Coordinator and Desk Officer of Cesvi HQs.
The collaboration will start in September 2018.
The main duty station will be Erbil, with frequent field missions to Dohuk and other Governatorates.
- S/He will represent Cesvi vis-à-vis Donors, partners (including Alliance2015), stakeholders, clusters and coordination body and fora, and any other appropriate networks aiming at raise Cesvi’s profile within the country;
- S/he will be in charge of maintaining an in-depth insight on donors and other stakeholders ‘strategies, activities and opportunities in-country (monitoring of calls, ect..)
- S/he will support to set the strategic vision and direction of the Cesvi in KRI to serve more people with the highest quality programming possible, and secure the necessary resources to ensure its realization, expanding Cesvi activities in the country, and identifying new funding sources.
- S/He will take the lead in the development, drafting and consolidation of project proposals and fundraising documents in liaison with the HQ.
- S/He will mobilize relevant technical and field staff to ensure that proposals are developed in a cohesive and professional manner and in line with donor requirements, undertaking missions in the field, as necessary.
- Degree in International cooperation, Development studies or other related field
- 2 / 3 years’ working experience in developing countries as expatriate in the humanitarian sector, preferably with INGOs in emergency contexts
- Previous experience in start-up of INGOs humanitarian interventions in emergency contexts
- Strong writing skills and will bring a well-established track record of developing winning funding proposals to donors such as ECHO, Italian Cooperation, UN Pooled Funds, OFDA.
- Proven ability in development of budgets for project proposals
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good organizational skills, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively in fragile environments
- Highly flexible with the ability to set priorities and change programmes according to issues that may arise
- Strong negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Ability to build networks and partnerships
- Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Specific trainings in project proposal writing in the humanitarian context
- Previous working experience in Middle East and/or Kurdistan
- Knowledge of Child Protection and / or Education in Emergency topics
- Experience and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Knowledge of Italian, written and spoken
To apply, please visit: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/emergency-program-development-officer-kurdistan/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.