Due to critic conditions of refugees, IDPs and local communities in KRI affected by the conflict, Cesvi decided to address the emergency and intervene rapidly with a response assessment.
In this framework Cesvi is looking to expand its presence within the area, increasing its projects and donors’ portfolio, and is currently recruiting candidates to manage the start up of Cesvi emergency intervention in the Iraqi Kurdistan areas (KRI).
- The Emergency Response Focal Point will be in charge to manage and develop relations with Donors and partners (national and international), promote Cesvi’ strategy and brand; identify funding opportunities and write winning proposals or negotiate new projects.
- S/He will be in charge of coordinating all the writing process of a project including needs assessments, budget and field visits.
- Emergency Response Focal Point will work in close coordination with the Emergency Coordinator and Desk Officer of Cesvi HQs.
- The collaboration will start as soon as possible.
- The main duty station will be Erbil, with frequent field missions to Dohuk and Kirkuk Governatorates.
- S/he will represent Cesvi vis-à-vis Donors, partners (including Alliance 2015), stakeholders, clusters and coordination body and fora, and any other appropriate networks aiming at raise Cesvi’s profile within the country;
- S/he will be in charge of maintaining an in-depth insight on donors and other stakeholders ‘strategies, activities and opportunities in-country (monitoring of calls, ect..)
- S/he will support to set the strategic vision and direction of the Cesvi in KRI to serve more people with the highest quality programming possible, and secure the necessary resources to ensure its realization, expanding Cesvi activities in the country, and identifying new funding sources.
- S/he will take the lead in the development, drafting and consolidation of project proposals and fundraising documents in liaison with the HQ.
- S/he will mobilize relevant technical and field staff to ensure that proposals are developed in a cohesive and professional manner and in line with donor requirements, undertaking missions in the field, as necessary.
- At least 3 years as expatriate in humanitarian contexts, with a background in emergency management and working experience within international non-profit organizations.
- Previous experience in start-up of INGOs humanitarian interventions in emergency contexts.
- Experience in project proposals submission to emergency donors (ECHO, Italian Cooperation, UN Pooled Funds, OFDA)
- Proven record of success in project/funds acquisition, both from Institutional Bodies and Private sector, including development of proposals and budgets
- Good organizational skills, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Highly flexible, team-player and motivated
- Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Previous experience in Kurdistan
- Knowledge of Italian, written and spoken
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.