Cesvi is implementing a project funded by the European Union aimed at promoting the development of the private sector in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. Such project will enhance the skills and develop the business services of Business Intermediary Organizations.
Cesvi components within the project are related to the improvement of Tajik and Kyrgyz SMEs’ competitiveness on domestic and international market through services provided by BIOs, generating income and employment for SMEs and BIOs (also in the handicraft sector).
The “Project Manager (PM) / Handicraft & BIO service development” will coordinate the activities of the project, in close coordination with local and international partners and all other stakeholders involved.
In addition, the PM will also be responsible to overview Cesvi staff and projects in the Country, maintain the relations with partners, donors, Authorities and stakeholders.
The collaboration will start in December 2018.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Dushanbe, with regular field visits country wide for all programs.
Possibility of missions within the region (Central Asia) if requested by the HQ.
The PMwill work under the direct supervision of Cesvi HQ Desk Officer.
Main tasks and duties:
Project management / Handicraft & BIO service development
- Supervise project activities, guaranteeing a constant coordination with partners (local and international), in particular with reference to the project’s component related to the Development of Business Development Services for SMEs and Handicraft Sector Development
- Be responsible for the overall project planning, management and implementation, including budget compliance
- Supervise activities related to project management, including administration, accounting, procurement (in accordance with Cesvi rules and regulations), staffing and reporting
- Guarantee clear documentation of project activities, through reports and other visibility tools, as required and agreed upon with Cesvi headquarters and the Donor.
- Guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and Cesvi’s procedures and rules
- Responsible for project reports’ drafting and timely submission to the Head of the Consortium
In addition, the Project manager/ Handicraft & BIO service development will also be responsible for:
- Overall supervision of the country office and ongoing projects: ensuring optimal efficiency and cost effectiveness in all functions and operations, (quality/technical assistance, finance, material resource management, administration, information technology, audit, etc.).
- Represent Cesvi vis-à-vis Donors, partners (including Alliance2015), stakeholders, clusters and coordination body and fora
- Coordinate and actively participate in project proposal definition and preparation
- Overall supervision of country strategy planning and development
- Security management of the mission
- University degree in International Cooperation, Development Studies and/or Economics for Development or related fields
- 5 to 10 years of proven management experience in leading the implementation and ensuring successful delivery of development projects within a development context, in particular with projects aimed at enhancing private sector development.
- Proven experience in developing business advisory services to small and medium enterprises and Business Intermediary Organizations (Business Associations
- Experience/knowledge of main institutional Donors (in particular EU)
- Experience with NGO procedures, approaches and operations
- Strong budget, cost planning and financial management skills
- Proven experience in coordinating and managing multi-stakeholders and multi-partners development projects
- Demonstrated experience in networking and build effective partnerships
Proven capacity in managing Donors’ and partners’ relations
- Proven experience in personnel management, and in capacity building of National/International staff
- Strategic thinking and innovative approach to development projects
- Country strategy planning and development
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Highly flexible and a team-player
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- University degree or Master in Economics and Management / International Business for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Strong experience in developing Small and Medium Enterprises and Business Intermediary Organizations’ skills
- Knowledge and experience of the Handicraft Sector in development context
- Knowledge of Central Asia region.
- Knowledge of Russian language (written and spoken)
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/project-manager-handicraft-bio-service-development-expert-tajikistan/
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.