Due to critical conditions of refugees, IDPs and local communities in KRI areas affected by the conflict, Cesvi decided to address the emergency and intervene by setting-up an emergency-response program.
In this framework, Cesvi will implement a 12 months project in Niniwa, in consortium with an INGO , with the objective of improving education of children and young people affected by the conflict through the provision of an inclusive-education program and psycho-social support with the involvement of families, teachers and local authorities. Expected results of the project are:
– Improved safety conditions and equipment of target schools
– Enhanced the management and the quality of the education services
– Active involvement of local communities in the promotion of the right to education and in the fight against school-dropout
The project is located in the Niniwa Governatore, managed by main office in Erbil
The Education Coordinator will be in charge to manage and coordinate the implementation of the activities in the sector of Education.
– be responsible for the daily project implementation, reporting and budget planning, guaranteeing project’s activities fulfil timely the scheduled objectives
– plan, manage and monitor the activities in line with project’s documents, Donor’s rules and sectorial guidelines
– develop and maintain track records of project’s outputs, supervise the activities, submit reports to Cesvi HQ and to the Leading Agency of the Consortium
– be responsible for the selection, training and skills development of the project’s staff (related to education sector)
– ensure that project’s expenditures are in line with the financial plan
– provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within due times
– contribute to the development of Education Strategy for Iraq in collaboration with Cesvi and partner’s technical staff
– ensure, with other technical staff, the quality of the project’s activities through the creation, revision and adaptation of tools and education methodologies.
– manage the relations with AICS (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency) office in Erbil
– actively participate to Education Clusters and Working Groups
The main duty station will be Erbil, with frequent missions to field areas of Niniwa Governatorate.
Degree in International cooperation, Development studies and/or Social Sciences (preferably in Education)
Minimum 4/5 years’ of experience in implementation of projects in humanitarian contexts, preferably in Education in Emergencies and/or Protection sectors in emergency contexts.
Working knowledge of relevant child protection frameworks (i.e. INEE, UNICEF) , Human Rights and Education in Emergency.
Understanding of child protection issues faced by children in humanitarian contexts
Familiarity with protection clusters and/or protection and education working groups
Exceptional ability to work in post war / disaster affected environments with NGOs
Willingness to travel to remote areas
Good written reporting skills
Fair understanding of budget issues for humanitarian projects (i.e. administrative and financial planning)
Strong leadership combined with good interpersonal skills: diplomacy and negotiation
Proven people management skills
Recruiting, training and mentoring skills
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Good organizational skills, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively in fragile environments
Highly flexible with the ability to set priorities and change programmes according to issues that may arise
High proficiency of Italian – written and spoken. Please note that the project’s Donor operates in Italian. Therefore, it is of utmost importance for the candidate to be proficient in Italian. Candidates that do not fulfill such requirement will not be taken into account.
Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel.
Master’s degree and/or post-grad diploma and/or specific trainings in Education in Emergency and / or Child Protection
Previous working experience in Middle East and/or Kurdistan
Previous experiences in managing AICS-funded (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency) projects.
Previous experience in managing a consortium
Experience and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation systems
Proposal writing skills
To apply, please visit: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/education-coordinator-kurdistan/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.