Cesvi has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1998 in three key areas: Environment and Agriculture, Health and the Social sector. Cesvi’s activities in the agricultural sectors revolve mainly around the support to rural communities to transform traditional practices shifting from subsistence farming to commercial agriculture.
Cesvi gained a strong experience in the Southern part of Zimbabwe (firstly in Beitbridge district then exporting the same approach to Mwenezi) in upgrading the existing irrigation infrastructure and linking the rejuvenate productive asset to more vital commercial production.
The current project, funded by the Italian Agency for Development and Cooperation (AICS), aims at boosting the nutritional capacity of rural communities by focusing on young women in reproductive age and school children, by promoting community and school gardens and awareness for the same target communities.
A strong DRM element is brought to the target districts with the aim of supporting the Local Authorities and departments of the Local Government to develop and endorse a preparedness plan.
The project aims at the achievement of the following results:
- Improving the feeding practices through nutrition education
- Improving climate-smart crop and livestock production and livelihoods diversification
- Promoting climate risk assessment, management capacities and coordination among stakeholders
The collaboration will tentatively start in September 2018.
The main duty station will be Beitbridge, with regular visits to Mwenezi district.
The Project Manager will work under the supervision of Head of Mission and s/he will coordinate with the Country Administrator, local staff and partner.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- S/He will directly plan project activities under the supervision of the Head of Mission
- S/He will coordinate the local operational staff
- S/He will ensure the project reporting in accordance with the deadlines, (activity planning, monthly project progress and final report).
- S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning and with the Head of Mission.
- S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment (in Italian) or extension within the due times.
- S/He will be directly responsible for field staff recruitment and coordination.
- S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff team on an ongoing basis.
- S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and Cesvi’s procedures and rules.
- S/He will report to the donors and ensure the quality and accuracy of the technical information provided.
- S/He will actively participate to the Wash Working Group.
- S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
- S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- University degree in agriculture, development studies or similar field, or development work equivalent
- Minimum 8/10 years’ project management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crisis and development contexts
- Ability to produce high quality narrative reports using both Italian and English. Since AICS (Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo) requests all the documentation (project proposal, reports, budget, contracts) to be in Italian.
- Effective financial and budgetary planning and control skills
- Knowledge of AICS (Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo) rules and regulations
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners, and acting effectively as an integration team member
- Solid experience in management of a multiethnic team
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
- High proficiency of Italian – written and spoken. Please note that the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development (AICS) operates in Italian. Therefore, it is of utmost importance for the candidate to be proficient in Italian. Candidates that do not fulfill such requirement will not be taken into account.
- High proficiency in English – written and spoken.
- Prior experience in Zimbabwe and/or in the region in Southern Africa
- Diploma and/or Master degree in agriculture and / or development studies
To apply, please visit: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/project-manager-zimbabwe/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Effettua la registrazione/accesso per poterti candidare.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.