Cesvi works in Libya since 2011. Following the turmoil of mid 2014 the expatriate staff has been temporarily evacuated, guaranteeing the management by remote. From 2016 the remote management is done from Tunisia and based on evaluation of existing situation Cesvi plans to return with key expatriate staff to Tripoli with key initial staff based on on-going security assessment.
Ongoing projects are funded by HCR, UNCEF and EU and implemented in Misrata and Tripoli.
Within the above mentioned projects, Cesvi’s strategy is focused on the protection area, notably on the achievement of alternative manners of detention, GBV awareness campaigns, information campaigns on migrant’s rights and risks, identification of permanent solutions such as the voluntary return, resettlement in Third Countries and the right to stay in Libya. Food and hygienic kits distributions are also a big part of the project especially during emergency periods.
Cesvi action aims to encourage the adoption of an inclusive approach towards the most vulnerable people, striving to satisfy their basic needs, in line with international standards and Standard Operating Procedures set up together with UNHCR. The actions are designed on the basis of the need expressed by beneficiaries and host community. Psychological support represents a corner stone of Cesvi lifesaving activity – with all the other services provided linked to it. An adequate case management is considered as fundamental in order to offer a complete support to the lifesaving activities’ beneficiaries. Moreover, the support of local organizations, guaranteed through an efficient partnership system, allows the follow-up with the beneficiary
Due to the current situation in Libya, the Coordination office is based in Tunis in order to keep the coordination with the international partners and donor.
The Head of Mission has to coordinate the expatriate staff and local staff ( up to 7 expa and 80 local staff). Total estimative yearly budget 3ML- 4ML
The collaboration will start in October 2018
The main duty station will be Tunis with at least 30% of the time in Libya (Tripoli or Misrata)
The person will respond to the Desk officer.
The person will work in collaboration with local and expatriate staff working in Libya and Tunisia
Main tasks and duties:
- Set the strategic vision and direction of the program to develop the country strategy;
- Develop and maintain a high level of understanding of donor priorities, country plans and planned funding initiatives;
- Identify opportunities for appropriate expansion and growth of programs in Libya and Tunisia
- Maintain and expand participation with key donors, host government, local stakeholders and relevant policy and coordinating bodies.
- Ensure submission of appropriate, timely high quality proposals and lead required donor negotiations;
- Monitor and identify appropriate sources for match fund requirements and coverage of funding gaps;
- Provide timely and effective oversight of the financial position of the country program including identification and implementation of required changes to match funding levels;
- Maintain effective and coordinated budget monitoring processes for grant funds and discretionary funds.
- In coordination with the Security Manager, ensure that the security management plan for the country program is updated and that there is consistent monitoring and analysis of the security environment,
- Oversee the opening of new office
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews;
- Maintain open communications with technical advisors, and HQ departmental staff.
- Develop a positive work environment for all staff supported by a professional level human resource management function;
- Support and hold management staff accountable for providing staff development opportunities and planning;
- Work with HQ staff to identify and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
- Strengthen and promote Cesvi image in the country
- University or postgraduate degree
- Demonstrated experience in the same position, preferably in Middle East – Northern African and/or other complex areas
- Minimum 7 years’ experience program field management in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for refugees, IDPs, mix migrants preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Cesvi projects in Libya: protection, psychosocial and cash assistance.
- Experience of working in remote management
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes
- Familiarity with cash and protection cluster
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control, review and evaluation.
- Solid diplomatic skills: the ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to changing programme and emergency priorities that may arise.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently.
- Willingness to undertake missions to Tripoli / work from Tripoli
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package) and ability to produce timely project proposals and high quality narrative reports.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Previous experience with the management of Programme based Mission
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members
- Effective team membership integration ability
- Highly flexible and leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Knowledge of French
Knowledge of Arabic
To apply, please visit: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/head-of-mission-libya-3/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Info su Cesvi fondazione onlus
Cesvi opera in tutto il mondo con la convinzione che l’aiuto alle popolazioni più bisognose e colpite da guerre, calamità naturali e disastri ambientali non dia sollievo solo a chi soffre, ma contribuisca al benessere di tutti noi sul pianeta, “casa comune” da preservare per le future generazioni.