Scope of the work
An Internship at Centro Internazionale Crocevia will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the IPC Secretariat
- Support IPC Working Group on Agricultural Biodiversity for different tasks.
- Produce reports of internal meetings, international events and support for project reporting.
- Participate in FAO processes to give support to the IPC delegates.
- Participation in national events and report of these meetings.
- Search for calls for proposals and draft of project proposal to be presented for Crocevia and IPC.
- Translate texts in English, French, Spanish and Italian.
- Support the logistic work of Crocevia: buy flight tickets, book hotels, management of office needs (stationery, purchase orders…)
- Support the staff in activities as: event and workshop organization, strengthening of activism and voluntary network, maintenance and construction of new partnerships.
Degree of expertise and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor degree or equivalent related to agriculture, political science, sociology or food chain;
- An excellent knowledge of English (writing and speaking) and at least one between French and Spanish.
- Good understanding of global governance and the FAO system. Acknowledgement of the International Planning Committee for Food Sovereignty (http://www.foodsovereignty.org/).
- Ability to interface with a different range of persons (Governments, peasants, social movements, intergovernmental institutions, volunteers, activists).
- Good skills in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Good capacity in reporting.
Reporting, Supervision and Performance Evaluation
- The intern will report to the IPC Secretariat and the Facilitator of the Working Groups, with oversight by the Senior Project Coordinator.
- Each staff who is interfacing with the intern will evaluate his/her performance.
No salary is available; however, there is a possibility to start a “Garanzia Giovani” compensation for those eligible.
To apply, please send an e-mail with an updated resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
Info su Centro Internazionale Crocevia ONLUS
Centro Internazionale Crocevia is an NGO devoted to international cooperation and solidarity that was founded in 1958 and recognized non-profit organization in 1962. For over 50 years Centro Internazionale Crocevia has worked together with local communities in education, communication and agriculture, promoting and realizing international cooperation projects in the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Centro Internazionale Crocevia has carried out awareness campaigns in Italy and abroad on issues of environment, biodiversity, biotechnology, food sovereignty and the right to equitable and sustainable development.
Centro Internazionale Crocevia has been entrusted with the international coordination of the International Planning Committee (IPC) for Food Sovereignty, a mechanism that facilitates the interaction between movements, CSOs and NGOs with regard to the FAO and other agencies that deal with Food and agriculture in Rome (FAO, IFAD, WFP and Biodiversity). The authority and representativeness of this organization has been recognized by the FAO and other relevant bodies of international institutions such as IFAD and many governments in the South as in the North.
At national and European level, Crocevia is working on the legal framework of seeds’ systems. Crocevia is part of the Rete Semi Rurali and the European Coordination Let’s Liberate Diversity, which are networks of organizations working on seeds issues, farmers and seeds producers. At the same time, Crocevia is building its own position on the seeds’ system – especially regarding the peasants’ seeds’ systems – in collaboration with European social movements – e.g. European Coordination of La Via Campesina.
Finally, Crocevia aims to build a new network among small-scale fisheries in Italy, since there is an absolute lack of coordination, and it is an important issue discussed at international level, thanks to the Voluntary Guidelines for Securing Sustainable Small-Scale Fisheries in the Context of Food Security and Poverty Eradication, adopted by FAO in 2015.