Esperienza da 4 a 6 Anni
Livello Professionale Senior
Causa Cooperazione internazionale
Titolo di studio Laurea
RUOLO Business Development Head of Department
AREA/DIPARTIMENTO Business Development Department/International programmes & advocacy
SEDE DI LAVORO Save the Children Italia Onlus (Rome)
LINE MANAGER International Programmes & Advocacy Director
RESPONSABILITÀ DI GESTIONE Si
RESPONSABILITÀ DI BUDGET No
CONTRACT TYPE Fixed term (maternity leave)
ANNUAL GROSS SALARY € 39.000 – 44.000
LIVELLO CSP 1
As a senior member of SC Italy International Programmes and Advocacy team, the Head of Business Development plays an important role in delivering Save the Children Italy’s international strategy, with a specific responsibility for the following key areas:
- Management and Strengthening of Institutional partnerships: The incumbent is responsible for the management and development of strong institutional partnerships with key institutional donors for international programs. As part of this role, he/she leads a team responsible for: defining and implementing the Donor engagement strategies, ensuring that all relevant functions of IP&A are involved and contribute to Donors engagement as relevant to their specific function; managing the Donors’ Accounts for which SC Italy is Account Manager or Sub-account Manager; representing SC Italy in SCA account management mechanisms. He/she acts as focal point for relations with institutional donors, he/she informs relevant SC Italy teams about the ongoing relationships with these donors.
- Business development: The head of Business development is responsible for the achievement of the growth objectives (qualitative and quantitative) defined for institutional donors within International Programs. He/she will be specifically accountable for the development of accounts where SC Italy is lead within SCA and for positioning SC Italy within new accounts. He/she will be responsible for developing opportunities with new Institutional funding mechanisms and for supporting the development of highly strategic opportunities with private Donors, corporations and foundations. He/she will contribute to the development of the public/private partnership strategy with other functions of SC Italy other than International programs and will lead on the identification of the relevant partnership opportunities within the programs of the international portfolio.
- Coordinate the private partnership and info-comms team that supports the private fundraising by ensuring that opportunities from private partners are enhanced in line with our strategic priorities and that information shared with prospective partners reflects organizational priorities and needs. In the framework of the partnership with the private sector, the Head of Department will also coordinate the development and management of the strategy on Transformational Partnership with Private Sector promoting the development of innovative and strategic partnership.
Key areas of accountability
- Develops, in coordination with the areas of Portfolio Management, Thematic Development and International Advocacy, and is accountable for the strategy of the Institutional Partnership, supporting the achievement of the IP quantitative and qualitative goals.
- Develops the relations and engagement strategies with Institutional Partners/Donor for which SC Italy is lead within SCA, including ensuring that a structured mechanism for managing the account within SCA is developed.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for working with new donors and positioning SC Italy within new accounts
- Supports the Account Management focal points in developing the relations with consolidated Institutional partners (EuropeAid, ECHO, MAECI) and with future potential strategic Institutional Partners/Donors for SC Italy.
- Define a strategy for SC Italy IP to engage in public private partnership
- Leads and coordinates internal (SC Italy) and externally (SCI and other members when relevant) capacity building in working with donors including engagement and proposal development.
- Ensures that all necessary Save the Children Italy resources work properly together in support of account strategies and specific engagement opportunities. Also, he/she facilitates a process that allows relevant advocacy and thematic support to be ensured as necessary for the achievement of Donor engagement objectives.
- As line manager of the proposal development team coordinator, he/she ensures that a streamlined process for coordinating SC Italy’s participation in “Call for Proposals”, “Tenders” and other financial opportunities with key donors is in place and duly implemented. He/she will also ensure a mechanism of continuous learning and process review.
- Represents SC Italy within the SC Account Management system
- Represents SC Italy in meetings with key Donors stakeholders, as relevant.
- Participates in relevant meetings / working groups / forums as senior representative of SC Italy.
- Coordinates and supports the development and strengthening of the relationship with Institutional Partners at field level together with SCI Regional and Country Offices.
- Supports the identification of opportunities from private partners and ensures those
are channeled towards SC It and COs strategic priorities
- Ensures that the private partnership and info-comms team serves as a gateway for fundraising teams providing up-to-date, engaging information on strategic priorities and opportunities for new programme partnerships with private donors and facilitate cross department working between SC It IP&A and marketing teams to identify new innovations for development outcomes for which private sector can work with SC It to deliver impact for children.
- Lead on the development of Transformational Partnership Strategy in coordination with the Corporate Department and IP&A advocacy and Policy Private sector & SDGs Manager.
- Ensure that high quality, accurate and compelling materials about SC It programs,
- priorities and strategies are developed to help the fundraising, advocacy and portfolio teams to engage existing and prospective partners and stakeholders
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Ensures appropriate staffing within the Business Development Department.
- Ensures that all staff understand and are able to perform their role.
- Manages the Institutional Partnerships and Proposal development teams; defines expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly.
- Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Oversee that the staff proactively build and maintain technical skills and competencies required.
- Manages the performance of his/her direct reports
Scarica allegato per tutti i dettagli :
Altre posizioni che potrebbero interessarti
- @ Comitato Italiano Per l’Unicef – Fondazione Onlus
- work office-based at the Ministry of Labour and Social Policies in Rome for three days per week and home-based two days per week